Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting ready for Belvedere Self sufficiency show

I have a stand at the Belvedere Self Sufficiency Show, here in Mullingar this weekend. I'm speaking both days - about bread making, but I'll also be promoting my other courses - like natural cosmetics, soapmaking, Christmas crafts, Natural beverages.

I was busy last night making bunting to decorate the stand - I have been wanting to make bunting for some time now to use up some pretty scraps of fabric, and finally I found the motivation! It turned out great - will post a photo later.

I'm trying to think of what will be fun activities for the stand - last year I was baking flatbread - it was great for kids - they could roll out their own, and bake it right there and eat it - but it was a load of work, and hard to keep everything up to scratch hygiene wise. And loads of equipment to bring.

This year I have made lots of soap, so if anyone wants to sign up for my mailing list, I'll be giving them some soap as a taster. But that just shows one part of what I do.

So I'm thinking I can have 2 activities:
Making paper pots, and planting seeds - I have lots of purple pea seeds - to illustrate the garden side of the business.

Making bath bombs - for the crafty , cosmetic side of things.

And I'll bring some seedlings and bread to decorate the stand - bunting only goes so far...

What do you think?

No comments:

 
/* Google analytics*/